A city lawyer was arrested by DCI officers when he attempted to bribe them with 900k for them to release suspects.
The suspect was identified as Mr. Antony Kirunyu Karoki; a practicing advocate at Karoki & Co. Advocates. The lawyer is in police custody after was arrested by DCI detectives based at Kasarani following an attempt to bribe the Sub-County Criminal Investigations Officer with Ksh. 900 K to secure the unconditional release of Five suspects of Electronic Money Fraud without charges.
The five suspects were arrested yesterday, 12th August 2020, with over 2,100 registered and unregistered subscriber lines among other electronic gadgets, and were being processed for arraignment when the suspect in question appeared.
The five individuals had been arrested within Pavab apartments, following a tip-off by members of the public on suspicion of engaging in Electronic Money Fraud.
The five suspects are John Ngotho Kariuki Samuel, Githinji Njenga, James Gitonga Maina, Mbogo Kamau, and Wilson Mugo Githinji, were found in possession of, 429 Airtel Lines, 1,720 unregistered Safaricom lines, Five laptops and 5 handsets.
The amount which was in Ksh 1,000 denomination has been documented by DCI Scenes of Crime personnel and kept as an exhibit, with the suspect placed in custody and to be charged with several offenses under the Bribery Act No. 47 of 2016 and the Penal Code.
DCI also confirmed that John Ngethe Mwaura is in their custody. He is another fraudster who many have lost thousands of shillings. They thanked members of the public who gave information that led to his arrest thank all for the information we have received since we issued this alert.
In other news, DCI Director Mr. George Kinoti received a delegation of officials from the German Cooperation at the DCI Headquarters, who besides discussing areas of collaboration & cooperation, donated an assortment of PPEs to heave the fight against COVID-19.
The received donation adds to the sum of previous assortments that the DCI has been distributing across the country to its devolved vulnerable units, in a bid to restrain the wake of the pandemic
- Kivutha Kibwana Takes Swipe At Kalonzo Musyoka
- Kalonzo Wants William Ruto To Be Investigated For Land Grabbing
- Sauti Sol Joins #YouTubeblackvoices
- William Ruto’s 10 limitations compared to Raila’s strengths
- “Killing Eve”, Series Inspired Lawrence Warunge To Kill His Family
- Trump PERMANENTLY banned from Twitter. This is the man who says he would not have been President without twitter. He also said twitter is like owning a media house without the losses
- Madonna also joins the list of celebrities visiting Kenya
- Sonko, “I Came From The Bottom To The Top”