There has been talk of a cabinet reshuffle for over one year. What’s interesting about this talk is that it is mainly propagated by the new friends of Uhuru especially the ODM brigade.
How genuine is this talk and is Uhuru committed about it? My take is that this discussion is meant to keep Uhuru’s new friends excited and busy shoring their support bases to be loyal to their respective Party Leaders and the new cooperation between them and Uhuru.
Take for instance ODM. If there was some seriousness in this cabinet reshuffle talk, ODM would’ve by now put their cooperation deal with Jubilee on paper. The reluctance to put the deal on paper may actually be working to the party’s disadvantage. You may have noted that ODM was first on the dining table but KANU got the Senate Majority Leaders post because they’ve a deal on paper.
- Sauti Sol Joins #YouTubeblackvoices
- William Ruto’s 10 limitations compared to Raila’s strengths
- “Killing Eve”, Series Inspired Lawrence Warunge To Kill His Family
- Trump PERMANENTLY banned from Twitter. This is the man who says he would not have been President without twitter. He also said twitter is like owning a media house without the losses
- Madonna also joins the list of celebrities visiting Kenya
For ODM to benefit from anything tangible with Jubilee there’s no shortcut. Put the deal in writing
Back to the cabinet reshuffle angle, Uhuru may have used this as a bait on ODM in the first instance and the other parties later. It may be a strategy to have them stick around
As things stand though, Uhuru has both the carrot and the stick. For how long he’ll dangle it, only he knows
By Antony Oyugi