Hilary Murungi, the top candidate in 2018 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) from Meru is dead. He has succumbed to a brain tumor.
Elias Mutuma, the family is spokesperson said he died at the Nairobi Hospital.
Hilary Murungi, sat for his KCPE at Friends academy in Meru and died in 442 marks. The first family is making arrangements for his body to be transported back to his home in village in Meru.
His dream was to join the Alliance High school, but shortly after the exams, he was diagnosed with cancer. The tumor was removed by surgery and radiation.
The exceptionally bright boy missed most of his schooling in 2019, due to ill health. He had hoped to resume schooling in January this year but during a routine MRI tests, early this, doctors found out that another tumor had developed in the young boy’s head. He had surgery early in February. He was discharged as the family planned for specialized treatment outside the country.
- Sauti Sol Joins #YouTubeblackvoices
- William Ruto’s 10 limitations compared to Raila’s strengths
- “Killing Eve”, Series Inspired Lawrence Warunge To Kill His Family
- Trump PERMANENTLY banned from Twitter. This is the man who says he would not have been President without twitter. He also said twitter is like owning a media house without the losses
- Madonna also joins the list of celebrities visiting Kenya
The Coronavirus lockdown made it impossible for him to travel out of the country.
He was rushed back to hospital after he developed complications and was admitted to the critical care unit where he succumbed to the tumor.
The family, through their spokesperson, Eliud Mutuma is requesting for help from well-wishers and they have already spent Kshs 5.5 Million and have an outstanding debt of Kshs 4.5 Million. They are meeting everyday in Kithoka
The body will be laid to rest on Wednesday, May 6th, in Kithoka, Meru County