China has turned to HAWKING ECONOMY to keep its low-skilled citizens at WORK. These people are ingenious, highly versatile, practical, and very very wise.
In fact, Chinese PM Li Keqiang last week during a visit to Shandong province went ahead to say ” street hawkers are the LIFEBLOOD of the country and a key source of employment in the aftermath of the Covid-19 outbreak”.
27 Chinese cities have vowed to support the street economy. Chinese startup & govt is rushing to give them loans, while the biggest search engine there, Baidu is helping to list their goods.
China is the second-biggest economy with a nominal GDP valued at $14.14 TRILLION. Kenya, which has a nominal GDP of about $99 BILLION, far much below China, is still killing hawkers including in counties supposedly ran by people with Post-Doctoral degrees and exposure both in travel & academia.
If it were my wish, I would handover these counties to China to run; they seem to be like a century ahead in ideas & imagination than our local leaders including those who went to Havard.
- Sauti Sol Joins #YouTubeblackvoices
- William Ruto’s 10 limitations compared to Raila’s strengths
- “Killing Eve”, Series Inspired Lawrence Warunge To Kill His Family
- Trump PERMANENTLY banned from Twitter. This is the man who says he would not have been President without twitter. He also said twitter is like owning a media house without the losses
- Madonna also joins the list of celebrities visiting Kenya